In life and in death we belong to God. Through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit, we trust in the one triune God, the Holy One of Israel, whom alone we worship and serve... With believers in every time and place, we rejoice that nothing in life or in death can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
A Brief Statement of Faith of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
With Christians of all traditions, we believe that God's Word was made flesh and dwelt among us in Jesus Christ, and that God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit has been made known to us as the Creator, Redeemer, and Sustainer. With other Protestant Christians, we affirm the message of the scriptures that we are saved surely and solely by the grace of God, fully revealed to us in and through Jesus Christ. As part of the Reformed Tradition of the Christian faith we also emphasize:
- The sovereignty of God in all things,
- The election of God's people for service as well as salvation,
- The emphasis of a life based on covenant relationships,
- Faithful stewardship of all that God gives to us, and
- The call of God's people to work for the transformation of society.